ICD-9-CM Expert for Physicians provides accurate and comprehensive coverage for diagnosis coding and reimbursement. Loaded with innovative features and content to address regulatory changes and coding challenges, Optum experts study industry changes and trends while seeking feedback from coding professionals to ensure your code book provides accurate and up-to-date information in an easy-to-use, intuitive format. Remain a step ahead with a resource that's designed to enhance performance in your daily work.
Key Features and Benefits:
Exclusive to the Expert edition:
- Optum Edge —ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- Optum Edge —Coding Tables. Reduce time spent on code selection for complex diagnoses that typically require additional research and steps.
- Optum Edge —10 Steps to Correct Coding. Receive step-by-step instructions to improve coding accuracy and more effectively use ICD-9-CM conventions.
- Optum Edge —Highlighted coding instructional and informational notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Optum Edge —Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify critical coding and reimbursement issues quickly with alerts on the same page as the code you need.
- Optum Edge —AHA's Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips. Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every health care setting must follow.
- Optum Edge —Additional digit required symbols. Know when an additional fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- Valid three-digit code list. See at a glance whether a code is valid for claim submission to prevent denied claims due to invalid code usage.
- V-code symbols. Understand the appropriate use of V-codes that may only be sequenced as first-listed diagnosis for cleaner claim submissions.
- Manifestation code alert. Properly use codes that represent manifestations of underlying disease by knowing when two codes are required and by knowing alerts to sequencing rules.
- Illustrations and definitions. Gain in-depth understanding of anatomy and disease processes in relation to coding with clinically-oriented definitions and illustrations.
- Age and sex edits. Be aware of which codes have restrictions on use based on age or sex of the patient to prevent claim delays and denials.
- New and revised code alerts with dated pages. Know which codes and instructions are new or revised, with dates on the page indicating when the change was made.
- Synopsis of code changes. Perform accurate, retrospective claim audits by quickly identifying new code information for the year.
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, QuickflipTM color bleed tabs, and legend keys.
- HIPAA compliance. Comply with HIPAA code set requirements to avoid delayed or denied claims and costly fines for violations.
There are no product reviews at this time. Be the first to review this product.