Consolidate the coding process with the Coding Companion for Orthopedics Upper: Spine & Above 2021, your one-stop coding resource developed exclusively for orthopedics.
This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CPT codes. Each CPT code includes its official code description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this orthopedics coding guide:
- NEW! ICD-10-CM code icons – Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes, making your coding process quick and efficient.
- Evaluation and management services. Evaluation and management codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
- CPT Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association's CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided with the CPT code, including illustrations, lay descriptions, coding tips, clinical terms, Medicare RVUs and IOM references, and commonly associated ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI edits by CPT and HCPCS procedure code. CPT and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.