The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services 2022 is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2022 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 dental coding guide:
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up to date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT codes tailored to dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.
- CCI edits. Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT, and HCPCS procedure codes in a special section with quarterly updates available online.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental procedures and services.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.