The Coding Guide for OMS 2022 is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2022 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 OMS coding guide:
- Optum 360 Edge — Co-produced with AAOMS. Only resource produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT and CDT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components for CPT codes and total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- CPT Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI edits by CPT, CDT, and HCPCS procedure code. CPT, CDT, and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of OMS services
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.