The new Coding and Payment Guide for Medical Oncology / Hematology Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for oncology and hematology medical services. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2020 and organized by specialty-specific CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 oncology and hematology coding giude:
- Evaluation and Management Services. Evaluation and management CPT codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description, lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units. Also included is a chapter with coding guidelines and tables to assist you in the E/M code selection process.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustration section for a better understanding of anatomy.
- Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes, and now New for 2020, icon identifying ICD-10-CM codes that identify right, left, or bilateral options.
- CPT Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association's CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, HCPCS supply codes, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT Assistant references, and associated ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
- CCI edits. Includes section with CCI edits for CPT and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- Customized ICD-10-CM Neoplasm Table. Provides an alphabetic listing directly from the 2020
ICD-10-CM table of malignant neoplasms.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.