The Coding Guide for OMS is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2019 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes.
Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 OMS coding book:
- New—Evaluation and Management Services. Evaluation and Management CPT® codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description, lay description, coding tips, Medicare edits, and relative value units. Also included is a chapter with coding guidelines and tables to assist you in the E/M code selection process.
- Optum 360 Edge—Co-produced with AAOMS. Only resource produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes related to OMS.
- CPT® Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association's CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® and CDT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
- CCI edits. Includes section with CCI Edits for CDT, CPT®, and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for CPT codes are included.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of anatomy related to your specialty.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
CDT is a registered trademark of the American Dental Association.