The Coding Guide for OMS is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2020 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 OMS coding guide
- Optum 360 Edge — Co-produced with AAOMS. Only resource produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes related to OMS, and now New for 2020, icon identifying ICD-10-CM codes that identify right, left, or bilateral options.
- CPT Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association's CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT and CDT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
- CCI edits. Includes section with CCI Edits for CDT, CPT, and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for CPT codes are included.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of anatomy related to your specialty.
- Evaluation and Management Services. Evaluation and Management CPT codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description, lay description, coding tips, Medicare edits, and relative value units. Also included is a chapter with coding guidelines and tables to assist you in the E/M code selection process
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
CDT is a registered trademark of the American Dental Association.