The CPT QuickRef app and its premium content are accessible on iOS and Android mobile devices by scanning a QR code affixed to the code book cover when purchasing this package.
The best print and digital sources for every CPT coding decision can be found in this new package that includes one spiralbound copy of the CPT 2021 Professional Edition and free access to all premium content available in the fully-loaded version of CPT QuickRef app.
Put the CPT code set at your fingertips with additional resources found in the CPT QuickRef app:
- Coding and Billing Pack. Use your mobile device to access all CPT codes, AMA and CMS '95, '97, and new 2021 office & outpatient visit E/M guidelines, applicable modifiers, procedural illustrations, clinical examples and links to relevant CPT Assistant articles.
- CPT Assistant Archive. Access the full content of all CPT Assistant articles (1990–2020) using your mobile device. The CPT QuickRef app Premium Content (2021 code set information & CPT Assistant articles) are accessible on iOS and Android mobile devices by scanning the QR code affixed to the back of the code book that comes with this package.
- The fully loaded CPT QuickRef app combines the best of AMA's CPT content with billing tools to help improve the accuracy and efficiency of the work you perform.
Features of the CPT QuickRef app with premium content also include:
- Updated E/M Wizard – New 2021 guidelines for coding office & outpatient visits by time and medical decision making
- The latest information — Receive updates from the cloud when new RVUs and proprietary laboratory analysis (PLA) codes are released or when technical corrections are made to 2021 CPT codes
- Two editions of the CPT code set — Easily navigate between 2020 and 2021 code sets to ensure the codes in use during a patient visit are recognized at the time of the year-end code transition
- Favorites — Select the codes you use most and save them to your favorites list
- Facility and non-facility RVUs — Use federal data on facility and non-facility work and practice expense values
- GPCIs — Set your region's geographic practice cost index to calculate accurate Medicare payment for each procedure
- Global days — Reference the number of global days CMS assigns to a given procedure
- Color illustrations — Better understand complex procedures with AMA-created illustrations
- Clear references to CPT Assistant articles — View article titles instead of date and page number references found in other resources
These are the features and benefits of the CPT 2021 Professional Edition code book included in this package:
CPT 2021 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. The AMA publishes the only CPT code book with the official CPT guidelines. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT 2021 Professional Edition!
Official CPT code guidelines with additional resources:
- E/M 2021 code changes
- A comprehensive index
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations
- Get hundreds of code, guideline, and text changes for the year - including new COVID-19 CPT codes.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other code book can provide the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
The CPT 2021 Professional Edition code book features the following enhancements:
- CPT Changes, CPT Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set.
- E/M 2021 code changes — gives guidelines on the updated codes for office or other outpatient and prolonged services section incorporated.
- A comprehensive index — aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search.
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed.
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set.
- Enhanced code book table of contents — allows users to perform a quick search of the code book's entire content without being in a specific section.
- Section-specific table of contents — provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section's codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides a quick reference to 2020 changes without having to refer to previous editions.
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families, multianalyte assays and telemedicine services.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
- Adhesive section tabs — allow you to flag those sections and pages most relevant to your work.
- More full color procedural illustrations.
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.