The CPT QuickRef app and its Premium Content (2022 code set information & CPT Assistant articles) are accessible on iOS and Android mobile devices by scanning a QR code affixed to the back cover of the code book when purchasing this package.
Coding & Billing Pack and CPT Assistant Archive are premium app content, offered at a savings of $70.00 when buying this CPT 2022 Professional Edition and CPT QuickRef package!
This fully loaded, award-winning * CPT QuickRef app combines the best of AMA’s CPT content with billing tools to help improve the accuracy and efficiency of the work you perform! The best print and digital sources for every CPT coding decision can be found in this new package that includes one spiralbound copy of the CPT 2022 Professional Edition (see features below) and free access to all premium content available in the fully-loaded version of CPT QuickRef app.
Put the CPT code set at your fingertips with additional resources found in the CPT QuickRef app:
- Coding and Billing Pack. Use your mobile device to search and browse all CPT codes and descriptors, complete with applicable
modifiers, illustrations, vignettes, RVUs, CPT Assistant references when codes are described in newsletter articles, and both global
and GPCI-specific cost information.
- CPT Assistant Archive. Access the full content of all CPT Assistant articles (1990–2021) using your mobile device.
- E/M Wizard. Quickly determine the appropriate code based on visit documentation using all available guidelines: AMA and CMS ’95, ’97, and the office & outpatient visit E/M guidelines updated for 2021.
- New home screen with improved navigation.
Features of the CPT QuickRef app with PREMIUM content also include:
- Updated E/M Wizard – New 2021 guidelines for coding office & outpatient visits by time and medical decision making.
- The latest information — Receive updates from the cloud when new RVUs and proprietary laboratory analysis (PLA) codes are
released or when technical corrections are made to 2022 CPT codes.
- Favorites — Select the codes you use most and save them to your favorites list.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs — Use federal data on facility and non-facility work and practice expense values.
- GPCIs — Set your region’s geographic practice cost index to calculate accurate Medicare payment for each procedure.
- Global days — Reference the number of global days CMS assigns to a given procedure.
- Color illustrations — Better understand complex procedures with AMA-created illustrations.
- Clear references to CPT Assistant articles — View article titles instead of date and page number references found in other
- Improved search – Enter the first 3 or more digits of a CPT code to get suggested matches.
- Past code set information – Upgrade to the multi-year option for the code set years of 2018-2021 for auditing and other reference.
* The CPT QuickRef app won the Digital Health Awards Bronze Medal in the Fall of 2019 for best health-related mobile app.
These are the features and benefits of the CPT 2022 Professional Edition code book included in this package:
CPT 2022 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. The AMA publishes the only CPT code book with the official CPT guidelines. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT 2022 Professional Edition!
Put the official CPT code guidelines at your fingertips with additional resources:
- E/M code changes
- New Appendix Q — provide coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines and their associated administration codes
- New Appendix R — provide digital medicine services taxonomy
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other code book has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code medical services and procedures properly. The AMA also takes the copyright protection of its content very seriously and is committed to providing the most effective anti-piracy efforts for its authors and readers.
The CPT 2022 Professional Edition spiral code book features the following enhancements:
- CPT Changes, CPT Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced
information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index — aid in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site,
condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy
and procedures discussed
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced code book table of contents —enable a quick search of the code book’s content for quick access
- Section-specific table of contents — provide a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provide a summary and quick reference of the 2022
changes in the codes without having to compare editions
- Multiple appendices — offer additional information for modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular
families re-sequenced codes, and MAAAs and PLA services
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate
evaluation and management codes
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.