CPT Professional 2021 Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. The AMA publishes the only CPT code book with the official CPT guidelines.
Put the official CPT code guidelines at your fingertips with additional resources:
Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Since the CPT code set is a dynamic, ever-changing standard, an outdated code book does not suffice. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT Professional 2021 Edition.
Get hundreds of code, guideline, and text changes for the year — including new COVID-19 CPT codes.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other code book can provide the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
The CPT Professional 2021 Edition spiral code book features the following enhancements:
- CPT Changes, CPT Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set.
- E/M 2021 code changes — gives guidelines on the updated codes for office or other outpatient and prolonged services section incorporated.
- A comprehensive index — aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search.
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed.
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set.
- Enhanced code book table of contents — allows users to perform a quick search of the code book's entire content without being in a specific section.
- Section-specific table of contents — provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section's codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides a quick reference to 2021 changes without having to refer to previous editions.
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families, multianalyte assays and telemedicine services.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
- Adhesive section tabs — allow you to flag those sections and pages most relevant to your work.
- More full color procedural illustrations.
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.