Organized for quick and accurate coding, HCPCS Level II 2022 Professional Edition code book includes the most current Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes and regulations, which are essential references needed for accurate medical billing and maximum permissible reimbursement.
This professional edition includes such features as Netter’s anatomical illustrations, dental codes, and ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payment and status indicators.
New features to AMA's HCPCS 2022 Level II Professional Edition:
- Full-color Netter’s anatomical illustrations clarify complex anatomic information and how it affects coding.
- At-a-glance code listings and distinctive symbols identify all new, revised, reinstated, and deleted codes
- The American Hospital Association Coding Clinic for HCPCS citations provide sources for information
about specific codes and their usage.
Additional resources to enhance this HCPCS 2022 code book:
- Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
- Quantity feature indicates maximum allowable units of service per patient, per day, for physician and hospital
outpatient per medically unlikely edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
- Drug code annotations identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class
(NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Color-coded I makes it easier to find specific drug information.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to
report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital
Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code sets offer access to all dental
codes in one place.
- Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare
contractors, Part B carriers and Medicare administrative contractors for DMEPOS services.
- Special coverage information provides alerts when codes have specific coverage instructions, are not valid
or covered by Medicare or may be paid at the carrier’s discretion.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.