The Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2022 are bound into this book. This code book contains the complete updated 2022 code set along with updated guidelines.
The ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals 2022, uses Optum360's hallmark features and format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
New features in Professional and Expert editions of 2022 ICD-10-CM for Hospitals:
- Complete list of new revised and deleted codes
- Conversion table identifying new codes
- Coding Tips specific Hospital settings
- More definitions added for diagnostic terms
- New icon identifies complex and severe wounds for Medicare Long Term Care Hospital (LTCH)
Key features and benefits of this ICD 10 coding book:
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
- Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions have been added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
What is the difference between the Expert and Professional editions?
- Expert Edition: Spiral bound and appendixes & a Point of Admission (POA) tutorial.
- Expert Edition: Downloadable file.
- The Professional edition does not include the above features.