The 2020 guidelines are bound into this book. This code book contains the complete updated 2020 code set along with updated guidelines.
The ICD-10-CM Expert for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities 2020 with Optum360's hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Use the codebook that contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set and the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts for SNF and IRF including: color-coding and symbols identifying diagnoses for RUG IV and IRF RIC Coding tips and definitions of commonly treated conditions specific to these PAC settings are also included.
New features in the 2020 ICD-10-CM Expert for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities:
- Complete list of new revised and deleted codes
- Conversion table identifying new codes to the 2019 ed. code
- Coding Tips specific PAC settings
- More definitions added for diagnostic terms
- Expert edition
- Spiral bound and appendixes specific to PAC Settings
- Case Mix – Quick Pick for SNF, IRF included
Key features and benefits of this nursing code book:
- NEW — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, with more new coding tips added to assist you in appropriate code selection.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
- Optum360 Edge — Supplementary appendixes. Additional coding and reimbursement information covering PPS for SNF and IRF services; Medicare coverage; quality initiatives; and long-term care guidelines and coding examples is located in supplementary appendixes.
- Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More clinical definitions are added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2020 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.