ICD-10-PCS 2022: The Complete Official Code Book helps coders use the PCS portion of the ICD-10 code set. The code set is laid out in easy-to-understanding tables sorted by type of procedure.
ICD-10-PCS 2022 contains classifications for procedures, devices, and technologies.
ICD-10-PCS 2022: The Complete Official Code Book contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes required for reporting inpatient procedures. This illustrated code book presents the code set in 17 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system, indicated by color-coded page borders.
AMA's illustrated 2021 ICD-10-PCS code book contains these valuable features:
- Summary of changes. Quickly see how additions and deletions affect each section of ICD-10-PCS.
- Complete ICD-10-PCS 2022 code set. The code set is organized in 17 sections. Each section contains a code table
by which a code can be built through character selections that reflect the procedure performed. A character meanings
table and citations to American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic® start each section.
- Official coding guidelines. Learn how to use the code set appropriately following the guidelines specific for each section.
- Illustrations. The color illustrations provide a visual explanation of anatomy and procedural approach.
- Approach illustrations show the access location, method, and instrumentation that determine the approach.
- Body parts with indicators to applicable code characters (provided immediately after the Character Meaning tables in the Medical/Surgical sections)
- Visual alerts. This edition provides color-coding and symbols that identify male/female procedures and new/revised character values.
- Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS. Learn about the unique structure and the specific definitions and functions of each character. Practice your skills with sample exercises (answers included).
- Procedure combination tables. Identify ICD-10-PCS code-combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits
This edition includes color-coding and symbols for the most comprehensive coverage of ICD10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures including:
- Non-covered procedures
- Limited-coverage procedures
- Combination-only procedures
- Non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment
- Non-operating room procedures not affecting MS-DRG assignment
- Hospital-acquired condition (HAC)-related procedures
Additional resources to enhance your ICD-10-PCS coding include:
- Root operation definition table for medical/surgical section
- Root operation for medical/surgical section, grouped by objective
- Operation/Type definition tables for other ICD-10-PCS sections
- Body-part definitions and body-part key for accurate identification of correct body-part character
- Device key and device aggregation tables
- Approach definitions
- Substance key