Please Note: An email address is required for electronic fulfillment of this product. Please allow at least 24 hours for download link to be emailed after purchase.
A data profile form must also be completed for software licensing.
Facilities can use this reference tool daily to manage the constant changes to the Medicare billing and reimbursement process.
The Uniform Billing Editor provides detailed, accurate, and timely information about Medicare and UB-04 billing rules and assists the user with 5010 data, UB-04 and 837i requirements.
Key features and benefits of this ebook:
- Quickly locate topics based on field locators, revenue codes, or coding structures. This easy-to-use format is fully indexed and tabbed with icons for quick reference.
- Quickly link HCPCS and CPT® codes to applicable revenue codes. This crosswalk helps you to prevent the most common reasons for rejections — mismatched revenue codes and CPT® or HCPCS codes.
- Crosswalk to 837 institutional claims. Provides links to 837i 4010 and 5010 data elements and any applicable billing rules — facilitating easier transition to the 837i.
- Coding and billing tips with quick access to official sources. Submit claims to Medicare accurately the first time — to help you reduce claim delays and denials.
- Includes 5010 standards and provides detailed, accurate, and timely information about Medicare billing and reimbursement.
- Avoid payment delays and CMS rejections by submitting clean, 5010-compliant electronic claims.
- OCE and MCE edits. Identify data inconsistencies, potential rejections, and denials through OCE and MCE edits.
- Timely updates throughout the year. Stay current with changes to help you eliminate billing with outdated information.
Time-saving eBook features:
- Table of Contents instantly links the user to any chapter, and PDF features allow the user to move back and forth between views quickly.
- Create additional bookmarks.
- Quickly find the information you are looking for with keyword searches and improve the accuracy of your inpatient and outpatient claim submission.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.